* The Exam Pattern has been modified by Staff Selection Commission. The Duration of Tier I Exam has been changed from 75 minutes to 60 minutes!
#1. SSC CGL Exam Date, etc.
|Starting Date of
|16th May 2017|
|Last Date of
|16th June 2017|
|Tier 1 Exam||1st August 2017 to
20th August 2017
|Tier 2 Exam
|Tier 3 Exam
|21st January 2018|
|Tier 4 Exam
#2. SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment – Vacancies
Staff Selection Commission has released the List of Vacancies that will be filled after this SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment. There are a total 4733 vacancies this year. You can find the complete details in the link given below:
#3. SSC CGL 2017 Recruitment – Eligibility Criteria
- Educational Qualifications (As on 1st August 2017)
(A) Junior Statistical Officer –
- Essential Qualification: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute.
- Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant/cost & Management Accountant/Company Secretary/ Masters I Commerce/Masters in Business Studies/Masters in Business Administration (Finance)/Masters in
(B) Junior Statistical Officer – Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard.
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
(C) All other Posts – Bachelor’s Degree from a recognised University.
(D) Those who are appearing in final year of their graduation can also apply but they should complete their graduation before 1st August 2017.
- SSC CGL 2017 Age Limit (As on 1st August 2017):
|Max 32 yrs|
|Assistant in CSS||20 – 27 yrs|
|Assistant in IB||21 – 30 yrs|
Officer / SI in CBI / SI
|SI in Central Bureau
|20 – 27 yrs|
|All Other posts||18 – 27 yrs|
For the age limit of individual post see the full notification. You can also check the official Age Limit for SSC CGL 2017 Exam Registration from link below:
- SSC CGL 2017 Age Relaxation:
|PH + OBC||13 years|
|PH + SC/ST||15 years|
#4. SSC CGL 2017 Exam Pattern & Selection Procedure
The SSC CGL Exam pattern consists of 4 Stages as mentioned below:
Stage 1: SSC CGL Tier-1
→ It is a computer based online test of 200 marks in 60 minutes of time duration. There is a negative marking of 0.50 Marks for each wrong answer. There is no sectional cut off.
(For VH &
Stage 2: SSC CGL Tier-2
→ This is an online based examination consisting of 4 papers as mentioned in the table. There is no sectional cut off. The negative marking for each wrong answer as follow:
Paper I , Paper III & Paper IV – 0.5 marks
Paper II – 0.25 marks
(Paper I & II as above)
(Finance & Economics,
Paper I & II as above )
Stage 3: SSC CGL Tier-3
→ This is a descriptive type paper of 100 marks and will be conducted in Pen and Paper mode. It will be of total 60 minutes of time duration.
Stage 4: SSC CGL Tier-4
→ Tier-IV of the SSC CGL Examination is Data Entry Skill Test (DEST)/Computer Proficiency Test (CPT). This test is of qualifying nature. The DEST test is for the Tax Assistant Post only.
The merit list will be prepared on overall performance of student in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III but you have to qualify all the tiers (i.e Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III) separately. If you want to know the detailed SSC CGL exam pattern then go through the link given below:
#5. How to Apply for SSC CGL 2017
The SSC CGL Online filling up of application will start from 16th May 2017 to 16th June 2017. The link is active now on the
Click on the new registration button & fill the necessary details.
- Upon completion of registration, you will receive a registration number & password. Note it down for future use.
- Now complete the remaining registration process by entering your qualification details, uploading your photo & signature.
- Complete the last step by making your payment (either by online mode or offline mode).
- Your SSC CGL 2017 Application Form is filled now.
You have sufficient time to prepare for your SSC exam. So, utilise this time & get to know all about SSC CGL 2017 Examination from the article given below:
#6. Application Fees
You can pay the fees through online mode from 16th May 2017 to 16th June 2017 (5.00PM). Those who want to pay fees through offline mode can make payment through challan of SBI bank till 19th June 2017 provided the challan has been generated before 5.00 PM of 16th June 2017.
GEN/OBC – Rs 100/-
SC/ST/PH/Ex-Servicemen/Woman – No Fees