CAT Coaching Classes In Marathahalli
What is CAT Entrance Exam for MBA?
Common Admission Test (CAT) is an competitive management entrance exam conducted at national level for admission to Postgraduate Business Administration Programme and other programs in various IIT, IIM, NITs and other private management institutions accepting CAT. MiQ classes conducting best CAT coaching classes in Marathahalli, Bangalore.
This year CAT 2017 will be convened by IIM Bangalore, one of the top IIMs. Professor Rajendra K Bandi, Decision Sciences and Information Systems; Chairperson Admissions & Financial Aid, will be the convener of CAT 2017.
Required Eligibility Criteria for CAT 2017
Before starting the CAT 2017 application process; candidates must ensure they conforming the eligibility criteria of CAT 2017 as prescribed.
Candidates who have graduation degree in any discipline are eligible to apply CAT 2017 through CAT training institute like MiQ classes.
Candidates who want to appear in CAT 2017 should have attained minimum of 50% marks or equivalent CGPA. For reserved categories the percentage is reduced to 45%.
The candidates studying in the final year of graduation can also register for CAT 2017 provided that they have to qualify the same with given Eligibility Criteria.
Reservation of Seats for CAT 2017
Reservation of seats for SC Candidates: 15%
Reservation of seats for ST candidates: 7.5%
Reservation of seats for OBC: 27%
Reservation of seats for the person with disabilities: 3%
The above percentage criterion is a matter to change as per the year by Indian govt.
CAT 2017 Important Dates
|CAT Notification||July 2017|
|Registration Start Date||August 2017|
|Registration End Date||September 2017|
|Admit Card download Window||October 2017|
|CAT Exam Date||End of November 2017(Sunday)|
|CAT Results||Second week of January 2017|
How To Apply For CAT Exam Online
Steps for Registration
- Create a Profile
- Log in with system generated User ID and Password
- Submit Application after entering details and making online payment
|CAT Exam Format|
|Quantitative ability (QA)||34|
|Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)||32|
|Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)||34|
|Total No. of Questions||100|
Post successful registration, you will use the system generated User ID and Password to log into the website. Upon logging in, you will first see the Registration Summary page and then click on Go to Application Form – Candidate Login. This will direct you to the application form/ Exam form page.
- Duration of the examination will be 180 minutes. Some questions in each section (Quantitative Ability, Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning and Verbal and Reading Comprehension) may not be of multiple choice type. Instead, direct answers are to be typed on the screen. Also, use of basic on-screen calculator will be allowed for computation.
- Candidates will be allotted exactly 60 minutes for answering questions in each section and they cannot switch from one section to another while answering questions in a section.
- On-screen timer will mark remaining minutes for the test.
- Three (3) points will be awarded for each correct answer; one (1) point will be deducted for each wrong answer.
- There is no penalty for questions that are left unanswered.
CAT Exam Syllabus
To let you know, CAT does not have any predefined syllabus. CAT Entrance Exam, will have 3 Sections as below. Best CAT coaching necessary to crack CAT Exam.
- Quantitative Ability (QA)
- Data Interpretation & Logical Reasoning (DILR)
- Verbal and Reading Comprehension (VRC)
|Quantitative Ability||Geometry,Trigonometry,Probability,Number System,Permutation & Combination,Speed, Time and Distance,Profit and Loss,Logarithmic Equations,HCF and LCM,Ratio, Quadratic and Linear Equations, Algebra, Mensuration, Percentages, progressions, Complex Numbers, Simple and Compound Interest etc.|
|Data Interpretation||Tables, Graphical Representations, Charts and any diagrammatical Representation|
|Verbal Ability||Critical Reasoning, Paragraph Forming, Grammar, Vocabulary, Reading Comprehension|
|Logical Reasoning||Logical Games, Calendars, Cubes, Clocks, Blood Relations, Seating Arrangements etc.|
- MiQ classes Bangalore has started its Unique series of CAT 2017 preparation. You will be provided a complete set of information related to Exam Pattern & Syllabus of CAT 2017, including detailed module for each section separately. MiQ classes emerged as best CAT coaching centre in Bangalore important date for CAT2017
- Geometry, Coordinate Geometry And Mensuration:
- These topics are grouped together since they deal with the portion of QA that can be visualized. Of the three, maximum weightage is given to geometry, although every CAT paper will have 3-4 questions on mensuration, as well as a couple of questions on coordinate geometry, totaling about 25-30% of questions in the QA section. Topics that need to be covered in geometry are basic theorems involving triangles, circles and parallel lines. A common type of question that is often asked in CAT is to find the value of certain angles or length of certain sides. Therefore, make sure that you cover topics such as congruency and similarity of triangles.
- The only things that you need to do in coordinate geometry are straight lines and circles. Given the equation of a circle, you should be able to comment on the centre and radius of the circle and draw it on a piece of graph paper, and nothing more. Similarly, you should know what the slope and y-intercept of a given straight line equation is, and be able to draw the line on a piece of graph paper.
- For mensuration, flip through a school level textbook for basic formulae on areas, surface areas and volumes of triangles, circles, cylinders, cones, cuboids and spheres. Mensuration problems are calculation intensive, and require lots of practice.
- Algebra And Number Theory:
- Algebra and number theory provide the major chunk of questions in any CAT QA section – 55-60%. Topics that you need to look at are Permutations and Combinations, Probability (very basic, including die and card problems and perhaps Bayes’ theorem), Functions, Progressions (A.P, G.P. H.P. and A.G.P), Logarithms, Equations (Quadratic and Linear/Simultaneous) and most importantly, Number Theory.
- Number Theory problems are usually very simple. They require certain tricks that you can pick up from any good textbook. Number theory contributes 3-4 questions to every CAT, and so it is a very important topic. You should be comfortable writing numbers in their algebraic form (e.g. a three digit number having digits xyz can be represented as 100x + 10y + z). You should also learn about divisibility tests.
III. Arithmetic And Miscellaneous:
- 15-20% of questions in any CAT paper fall under this head. Major topics that you need to cover are Set Theory (especially Venn diagrams) and problems on Time, Speed and Distance, both of which are always asked. Both of these topics are covered as part of the school syllabus, but may need some brushing up on. Sometimes, questions on topics such as Linear Programming are also asked.
- Miscellaneous problems are those problems which do not fall under any head. They are rarely asked, and even when they do appear in a CAT paper they do not number more than one or two. They are purely tests of mathematical aptitude, and you cannot learn how to solve them. The advice, for dealing with these problems, is to try back-substitution of answer choices, or to avoid these problems altogether.
Let’s understand what sort of questions you can expect on VA in CAT 2017 and then look at how preparation can be taken up for the next few months. In VA section, there are broadly five types of questions:
- Critical Reasoning
- Paragraph Forming (Para Jumbled Questions)
- Reading Comprehension
PARAGRAPH FORMING (PARA JUMBLED QUESTIONS):
For further detail visit iimcat.ac.in
Click Below To Watch The Video